Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Tuesday's drink...



I find myself at the Rat on a Tuesday night. I don't feel so bad for being out on a Tuesday, I mean come on, I just had my hall leaver's dinner (so i'm still in my cocktail dress under the jacket) and I'm looking for a bit of relaxation and company. It's not like I'm the only one there, 10 Rand draughts ensure there's a fair number of people milling about, all carrying trademark draughts in hand, but it's nice though cos the vibe is pretty chilled. So it's my turn at the bar and I need to decide what drink to get... Hmmmmmmmm, this question is actually harder than it seems.. sadly I'm not a beer drinker at all, or else I too would've taken advantage of the draughts special, but the truth is one actually can't just drink the same drink all the time... it goes by situation.. so I mentally review the options in my head..

Hunter's Dry: usually my safest option, ciders go down easiest, but I'm just not in the mood for it tonight..

Various shots: definitely not! it's a Tuesday! (U see what i mean, u can't just drink anything? shots definitely have a weekend scent to them, so definitely inappropriate)

Savanna Dry: still too weekend-y for my liking, its just gonna put me in the mood to party

Storm: eurgh, vodka, not tonight hey, I wanna make it to lectures tomorrow..

Spin: tastes like lemonade, and the Spin party this weekend means I'm so over having that tase in my mouth..



Soft drink: I know it probably sounds bad, but I'm just not in the mood for a soft drink, I want something to mellow out to.. sometimes Coke just gets too sweet for my liking


After watching other people's drinks at the bar, seeking inspiration, i realise how much making this little decision is bugging me out.. but to tell the truth, it is very easy to judge a person by their drink of choice. We all do it..

So anyway, after a good 15 minutes of debating, I decide on a glass of wine, rose prefferably but semi-sweet white wine is the second best option they have so i take it. First sip. Ahhh, not going to get me drunk, but goes down nice and that warm feeling spreads across my gut. Good choice. Good choice.



(N.b, i am not an alcoholic. Sometimes its just what i feel like drinking, just like smetimes it might just be a coke instead of something alcoholic... So it goes by choice, I'm not just being a typical alcohol advocating rhodent, but someone who is very aware of what she is putting down her throat..)

peace out

Jas

No comments: